Until fairly recently Search Engine Optimization (SEO) was largely an exercise in saturating a website with specific keywords. But, as search engines got smarter and the user search got more sophisticated, SEO has evolved into a complex beast requiring constant nurturing.
From on-page elements to the number of external referrals, there are literally hundreds of site components that require optimization if you’re to stand any chance of ranking highly in Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs). But how do you find out what needs optimizing?
Well. you’re in luck. Today we’re going to show you how to do a quick SEO audit which is detailed, fast, extremely simple and – best of all – completely FREE.
Why Should I Care About SEO?
If you’re new to SEO let’s start by understanding what SEO is and why you should optimize your site for search engines.
SEO is the practice of improving on-page, off-page and technical elements belonging to your site which will…
- Improve your site’s ability to rank highly in SERPs
- Attract your target audience
- Increase overall online visibility
- Increase site traffic
- Result in a better ROI compared with paid advertising
- Make you more competitive.
What Is An SEO Audit?
In brief, an SEO audit is an examination of your website and online presence, which is often separated into three main areas:
- Technical SEO includes:
- Mobile speed
- Page load speed
- Crawl errors
- XML sitemaps
- Use of robots.txt file
- On-page SEO includes:
- URL structure
- H1 tags
- Meta descriptions
- Title tags
- Content length
- Internal links
- Off-page SEO includes:
- Backlink count and quality
- Social media engagement
- External relationships
- Trust and authority
To get an idea of how your site is performing across all of the areas above a comprehensive SEO audit must be conducted. There are tons of free tools out there that will enable you to perform an audit of technical, on-page and off-page SEO. However, doing it manually is neither quick nor easy (if you’re not massively experienced).
Which, brings us nicely onto the nitty gritty.
How To Do A Quick SEO Audit?
Thanks to the brilliant minds at WooRank who have spent years (maybe decades) developing the WooRank tool, conducting an SEO audit is as simple as typing in your URL and hitting ‘return’.
Step 1. Go to www.woorank.com
Step 2. Enter the URL of the website you wish to review
There’s no catch!
Step 3. Wait a few seconds and…
Your results appear on-screen in a neat, easily formulated and well-structured way.
If that wasn’t enough, the WooRank auditing tool boasts a full list of features including:
- A visual overview complete with WooRank score: The WooRank score is between 0-100. Sitesscoring 40 or lower will required a fair amount of improvement. Sites achieving 70 or more should be well on the way to SEO utopia. Well done.
- Download audit as PDF: Easily download the results of your website review as a PDF or as slides. These can be personalized to include your own branding and footer. Full customization is reserved to Premium customers, while Pro customers will have limited customization features.
- Unlimited FREE SEO audits: Whether you are conducting audits on behalf of clients or you simply want to take a sneak peek at your competitors’ sites, there is no limit to the number of free website reviews.
- Access to WooRank Experts: If you need help with the tool or you’re serious about growing your business, there are plenty of experts at hand who have all been carefully approved and certified as WooRank Experts. So if you’re finding it hard to find a trusted expert, then rest assured that WooRank has done all the work for you.
- Marketing Checklist: Unlike other SEO tools, WooRank provides a full and prioritized Marketing Checklist that you can tick off as you complete tasks. Although this is only available to Project users, which is a paid feature, it’s well worth splashing out as this can really assist in vastly improving your online presence and brand visibility.
- More than 70 elements tested: The WooRank tool examines 70+ different on-page, technical and off-page SEO elements to determine what Google thinks of your website. Each element assessed is color-coded to help better identify areas of success and areas of improvement.
- Results that appear in gray indicate elements of importance but don’t necessarily contribute to your overall SEO. Green results are elements that have passed, while red results are elements that have been flagged as errors.
- Simple advice and explanation: Next to each SEO criteria is a ‘?’. Clicking this will expand detailed technical help and explanations for a particular section.
Get A Quick SEO Audit For Your Site
With WooRank's SEO Review, you'll get a nice look at your website's overall online presence. That means Google-friendliness as well as social media, social citations, reviews and/or links on other sites.
Once you've done a quick analysis of your SEO, take a deeper look at your WooRank Review to get an even more detailed audit of your site.