Here at WooRank, your privacy and security are always at the forefront of what we do, and we take our responsibility to secure your data very seriously. We’ve put together the basics here to explain...
- What information we collect
- How we use it
- How we store it
- How long we keep it
- How you can access it
When we refer to “WooRank”, “we”, or “us” in this policy we mean WooRank SA, which controls the information WooRank collects when you use our tools and features.
What We Collect
WooRank collects both personally identifiable data and non-personally identifiable data so we can communicate with our customers and deliver our services, as well as market our products.
Some information is submitted manually:
- Account information: This is what you enter when you sign up to WooRank.
- Support information: This is the information you enter when you submit a ticket to our Customer Success team.
We collect some information automatically when you visit one of our pages:
- Analytics data: How and when you access the WooRank website, log into your account and how you interact with our features. This also includes information passed by your device such as device type, operating system, browser and IP address.
- Cookies: When you first visit the WooRank website, your browser will store a cookie on your computer that tracks your journey through WooRank. We use this information to personalize your site experience to your preferences and provide you with the best possible user experience.
How We Use It
Every piece of information we collect, both personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable, we collect for a purpose.
How exactly we use this data depends on your preferences and how you use WooRank:
- To secure your account and authenticate login, process billing transactions and provide customer support.
- To communicate with you about your account, transactions and any support tickets you have submitted.
- To communicate with you to help improve your experience with the WooRank site and features.
- To send information we think is relevant, interesting or helpful for you.
- To protect business interests and legal rights, where required by law.
Sometimes we use information about you for a purpose not listed above (such as customer testimonials). In these cases, we only do so with your express and specific consent and permission.
Sharing your information with third parties
We do share some information with third parties to help us provide our tools and services to users.
These third parties help us:
- Operate our website
- Process transactions
- Maintain, store and backup our data
- Communicate with our users
If a third-party service provider requires access to information about you, they do so only with our permission and under agreements designed to protect your data and privacy.
Legal basis for processing
If you’re in the European Economic Area (EEA), we collect and process information about you only when we have a legal basis for doing so under applicable EU laws. The legal basis depends on the Product and Services and how you use them. This means we collect and use information only when:
- We need it to provide the service you have paid for, provide support and personalized services, and to protect the security of our service.
- It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for marketing and promotion and to protect your legal rights and interests.
- You give consent to do so for a specific purpose.
- We need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
How We Store It
We use data hosting service providers in Europe and the United States to host the information we collect and use technical measures to secure and encrypt your data. While we do use safeguards to protect your information, unfortunately, there is no such thing as perfect security due to the inherent nature of the internet. We cannot guarantee that data, during transmission through the internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, is absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
The amount of time we store information about you depends on the information:
- Account information: We store this information until you delete your WooRank account. We will also keep some of this information to comply with legal obligations, support business operations and resolve any disputes that might arise.
- Marketing information: If you opt in to receive email communications from us, we store your preferences until you ask us to delete them. We store data collected from our cookies for a reasonable amount of time from the date the information is first requested.
How long we keep the information we collect about you depends on the type, as described in further detail below. After such time, we will either delete or anonymize your information or, if this is not possible (for example because this information has been stored in backup archives), then we will encrypt your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible.
How You Can Access Your Data
It’s your data, so you can access it at your request. You can see what know about you and request that the information be changed, deleted or remove consent to information collection.
If you want to access your data, contact WooRank’s Data Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can opt out of receiving communications via your Account Overview page.